Saturday, January 08, 2011

Baby steps...

I started a little de-cluttering/organization yesterday!

Behold, the wall of k-cups:

These boxes were in various shipping boxes in my craft room and I shifted them to a shelf in our storage/laundry room.  They are much more accessible and take up a lot less space now!  I did a few other odds and ends in the craft room.  Baby steps.

I think I need to join a 12-step program for my addiction to shower gels, hand soaps and shampoos.  You might notice my Bath & Body Works stockpile above the k-cups.  They say that the first step is admitting that you have a problem, but I don't think wanting to smell nice is an issue worth correcting.  (I tend to stock up on this stuff during big sales and then I have a lot on hand for using as gifts throughout the year.)

We decided to have a family camp-out in the living room last night!  Might as well end Christmas vacation with a little excitement!  We wimped out a little and moved two mattresses into the living room for our night of "camping".  Why sleep on hard floors with sleeping bags when mattresses are soooo close by?  Cam loved it.  (Mattresses have been moved back to their respective rooms to ensure that there is not a second night of camping though!)



After Cameron's swimming lesson this morning, we decided to go snowshoeing this afternoon!  Here we are a few minutes from the start:

About one minute later, you can see that somebody is already sick of it:

He was told to fake a smile here and pretend he was having fun:

Finally made it to a trail and he was actually moving and not inching along:

Ah yes, ski pants and parkas are so slimming, aren't they?

I'm not sure when our snowshoeing expeditions will progress beyond the "I'm tired", "Can I take these off?", "I'm thirsty" stage.  I think there were moments when he enjoyed it.  It's such good exercise!!  I definitely enjoyed the little hike and the hot chocolate that followed.

3 comments:

Nej said...

Every year I decide I'm finally going to buy some snow shoes...and then every year I end up not getting them. It's so much fun, and really great exercise!!!! :-)

Faith Ann said...

We got ours for Christmas a couple of years ago. I had never tried them before and was shocked that it made walking in snow feel like a workout! I love it and wish Cameron enjoyed it a bit more... his little legs get tired faster than ours do.

Nej said...

The one and only time I've ever gone was in a state park about an hour or so from our house. Up and down these HUGE hills.....the snow was soooo deep! It was a workout, but we had a blast!!!! :-)

I could have used them this morning on my run....we've got about 8 inches now.