Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Could get used to this...

I don't know what has happened, but Cam has decided to sleep in this vacation!!  We've been getting up between 8 and 8:30 every day.  Normally, on weekends he gets up between 6:00 and 6:30, so that he has maximum playtime.  This life of leisure is quite nice! 

I did my workout this morning and then we headed to the movies where we had popcorn for lunch (okay, we did have a real lunch after the movie but the movie started a half hour earlier than I expected).  We went to see Tangled and we both loved it.  It was a really cute movie but I'm not sure that it's one I would buy.  After the movie, we headed to the dollar store to pick up notebooks, pencils, stickers, crayons, etc for next week's flight.  I've discovered that it is well worth spending $10 on a few new items ahead of time rather than pay $$$ for treats at the airport.  Tomorrow I start packing!!

Running "Stuff"
I have no idea what we're going to do in Phoenix (other than find a Lego store), but I am starting to look forward to the trip!  I hope that Cameron will be patient enough at the race expo for me to pick up a new pair of Asics.  I was looking in the closet the other day and discovered that I have my entire collection of Asics Gel Nimbus (I thought I'd thrown some out).  I haven't bought any new running shoes since last January at the expo in Houston.  The treads are looking quite worn!

Two pairs of this collection are being tossed very soon since they have more than paid their dues (I'll miss the brown pair on the left!):

This particular shoe is so expensive here in Canada, it retails for around $190.  At last year's expo, I bought a pair for just over $100.  Sadly, this is what the treads look like on all of my Gel Nimbus:

This is what the tread looks like on the two pairs of Saucony shoes that I tried to make myself like since they're so much cheaper.  One is a trail shoe and the other is a regular running shoe and they both rub and hurt my ankles, regardless of sock, I just cannot make them work for me:

By the way, Christine was correct!  My new dutch oven is the Kitchenaid cast iron oval dutch oven.  I dream of Le Creuset but I think I'm too cheap to spend that much money on a single pot, so I will console myself with the Kitchenaid version (which I am loving so far).

I have added a couple of new tabs to the blog to try to separate information that I log for myself.  The "100-Day Challenge" tab is where I will track my workouts.  The "Training Plan" tab is where I will keep my half marathon plan up to date.  I'm still not completely happy with the tabs and their content, so if I'm feeling ambitious I might make some other updates.

I seem to live for plans and lists and I work much better if I can cross things off and feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I think that's why meal plans work for me.  I need to update my de-cluttering plan and get back on that bandwagon after we return from our trip.

3 comments:

Nej said...

2 extra hours of sleeping in. Marvelous!!!!!

Aren't those oval cast iron pots the bomb!!! Hubby's brother got us a Le Creuset from an outlet store in Portland for Christmas. It's a discontinued color....but we still love it. And, the price was MUCH more reasonable. Would love to have more of them, but need to win the lottery first. :-) :-)

I ordered new shoes yesterday, and they should arrive tomorrow. I never in a million years would believe how excited I would get when getting a new pair of running shoes! The ones I have now aren't quite ready to be retired, but I found an amazing price. Normally $135, got them for $70 (being replaced by a newer model in stores) Wondering if I shouldn't have gotten two pair, for that price. :-)

I've never tried to add tabs to my blog, but have always been curious how to do it.

Faith Ann said...

I've drooled in the Le Creuset outlets before too... I'd gladly take a discontinued colour! I'm such a sucker for kitchen products.

I don't log the miles that some runners do, so I don't need to replace my shoes as frequently as some people. It's expensive! A new pair feels soooo nice though.

You were lucky to find such a great deal!!

If you have the latest blogger template, when you are on the page to "edit posts", there are three links across the top: "new post", "edit posts", "edit pages". Click on "edit pages" to add tabs to your blog. If you're working with an older version, I have no idea lol.

Nej said...

I haven't looked into changing the design of my blog for quite some time. I'll have to snoop around and see what I can find. :-)

The funny thing about the discontinued color...is I am in love with it! It's such a deep, pretty blue. Our kitchen is very colorful, so having pots that are different colors is expected. This blue is going to fit in nicely. :-)