Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shhhhh... can you hear that?

Neither can I.  My house is QUIET!

It's such a rare occurrence that it's become a noteworthy event.  Cameron and Trevor have gone to the pool, leaving Mom and I for a couple of hours.  I think I might need to plan an Angry Birds intervention for Cam (and probably one for me too).

I'm using this interruption-free time to google new/interesting recipes and 10k training plans.  After the initial disappointment of scaling back, I'm kind of excited about training for a shorter distance!  I will have more time on the weekends for other things and shouldn't approach that point in the schedule of dreading my long run (as I always do when they get longer than 10 miles).

Since my distances will be shorter, I think I'm going to take Diana's lead and try another challenge that I attempted a couple of years ago.  The 100 push-up challenge is back!  I think I made it to about the 50 push-up mark last time and then we went on vacation.  Apparently my arms stayed on vacation.  It takes 6 weeks to do the entire challenge, about 10 minutes, 3 times per week. 

I did the initial test this afternoon after spending 40 minutes on the exercise bike.  I managed to do 15 real push-ups (i.e., not "girl" push-ups).  That (unfortunately) puts me in column 3 for working my way through the challenge.  I think I'd much rather do column 2!!  I'm going to try to do my push-ups on Tues/Thurs/Sat.  We'll see.  It sounds good in theory but time is a precious commodity during the school year.

We have lost a lot of our snow accumulation over the last few mild, rainy days.  I think I'll be able to run outside soon!  Even when the snow and ice is gone, I doubt I'll get to run outside on weeknights due to supper/homework/Cam's bedtime.  However, at least I'll be able to do some longer weekend runs outside.  I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Nej said...

15 real push ups! You rock chick!! :-)

All of our snow and ice is finally gone...but I had a dream last night that it was snowing again. This winter has definitely been tough on me...and it wasn't really even that bad (as far as snow and ice). It was just long, and darker than usual. Very few sunny days.

Scrappytbear said...

nice to "see" you. Bummer on giving up your half plans :) hope you do well on your push up challenge!