Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soooooo sore...

I am so sore today.  I hope this is the worst of it and I feel better tomorrow.  I had hoped to do my push ups a day early and get them done today, but since it hurt to grate cheese this morning, I don't think I'd get far.

I forgot to take a pic, but I made one of my favourite Pioneer Woman recipes this morning, French Breakfast Puffs.  They're like a baked doughnut in muffin form.  I used my mini muffin tins and got 4 dozen little puffs.  We taste-tested a few and then I froze the rest to have for our company later this week.  I did some cook-ahead prep and made meatballs and a creamy noodle bake this morning.  They're also in the freezer for later this week.   Cameron's pretty excited that Nana and Grampie are coming for a few days!

New Recipe Success - Baked BBQ Chicken Rolls

I tried a new recipe tonight!  This is a baked egg roll type thing, but it doesn't taste like an egg roll at all.  Each roll has about 100 calories.  This is the blog where I found a similar recipe and she has great pics of how to roll an egg roll.


Put a bit of cole slaw mix (just the dry veggies) on an egg roll wrapper:

 Add some cooked chicken mixed with BBQ sauce on top of the veggies:

Sprinkle with cheese:

Wrap/Roll/Seal and bake:


Finished Egg Rolls:



Baked BBQ Chicken Rolls

cole slaw mix
1.5 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used a bit less, just enough to moisten chicken)
cup of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella/cheddar)
Egg roll wrappers (there were 17 in my package)

  1. put a couple of tablespoons of shredded cabbage/carrots on each egg roll wrapper
  2. mix chicken with BBQ sauce; place a spoonful on top of veggies
  3. sprinkle cheese on top of chicken
  4. wrap and roll the egg rolls, sealing with water
  5. spray a cooling rack with cooking spray and place on cookie sheet
  6. place egg rolls on cooling rack and spray them generously with cooking spray
  7. bake for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees
  8. turn over and bake for another 3 minutes
  9. serve with ranch dressing for dipping
I also made a chicken tikka masala for supper:



The finished meal:

5 comments:

Angela said...

Mmmm ... I love french breakfast puffs! Thanks for the reminder. Those egg roll things look great ... I'll have to remember to try them.

Shannon said...

cripes. I need to avoid your blog again. Now that I see those chicken egg rolls, I WANT one !

Faaaaabulous !

Diana said...

Besides the fact I want to live with you to eat all your food, i am totally goign to make these once i can find my kitchen counter...they look YUMMMYY!!!!!!!!!
did you like them?

Faith Ann said...

We really enjoyed them Diana, I'll definitely be making them again!!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely try the bbq chicken rolls. But whatever is the tikka masala? Sounds interesting. Lucy