I'll keep this post short and sweet. I'm trying out a new iPad app to see if I can blog using my iPad since my home-laptop is so annoying at the moment.
The highlights:
. Cannot wait for summer vacation and elementary school lunches and homework to be over for a few weeks
. Cannot wait to spend a week at the cottage with my mom, Cam and eventually Trevor
. I've been running again!! No pain!! I hopped on the treadmill a few weeks ago, set a very slow speed and just ran for thirty minutes straight. The next night, I increased the speed by .1 and have been gradually increasing the speed since then. I'm up to 45 minutes of running without walk breaks at the moment, but my pace is still quite slow compared to my normal 'speed'.
. My 5k is Sunday. I sure won't be setting a PR but it's nice to be running again.
. My 10k is two weeks later. It's hilly. I'll probably use walk breaks there, I'm thinking of going with 5:1 run/walk intervals.
. I've decided that I'm really happier with less training time and more time for Cameron (and his homework), trying out new recipes, reading and doing whatever else I feel like. So I've put all thoughts of a half marathon in the fall on hold. I think sticking with 30-60 minutes of running 4 times a week with some cross training on non-running days is a good balance for me.
. I have an awesome ginger-beef recipe to share (I used the same recipe with shrimp tonight and it was awesome!).
. Now, back to my new love... Trevor bought me a kindle for my birthday and I've been reading more than ever (didn't think that was possible and also explains my lack of posting).
Now to cross my fingers and hope this posts. Next entry I'll try to figure out how to insert pics using this app.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
1 comment:
Yay for running again!!!
Good luck on the 5 and 10K's. You'll do just fabulous, I'm sure!!! :-)
Post a Comment