Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost half-way

We'll soon be half through December, I contemplated re-evaluating my December goals (5 workouts per week is tough with my schedule this month!) but I think I'll let them stick.  I only got in 4 last week and that's okay.  There are times when sleep, Christmas movies and cookies take precedence!

Anyone who doesn't know me well probably thinks that all I do is bake cookies.  Baking is a big part of what I do in December, but during the rest of the year, I'm much more focused on a healthy balance when it comes to eating.  I still bake and cook a lot but the options are far healthier (I hope).  I cannot function without my weekly meal-plan and it keeps me sane (Trevor would probably argue that).  It also speeds up time in the grocery store and makes evening meal prep much easier allowing homework to begin earlier.

We get another farm box this week!  I've ordered a few extra goodies to have on hand over the holidays as well.  I can't wait to see this week's fruit and veggie assortment.  Although, I'm going to have to start coming up with some creative ways to use potatoes.  I don't normally cook a lot of potatoes since I prefer rice or pasta based meals.  In a weird way, I do find it fun to try to figure out how to use the items we get in our boxes.

School was canceled here today due to the flooding in some areas of the city from the massive rainstorm that hit us yesterday.  That means Cam missed a day from his week as "helper monkey".  Let me tell you, his teacher knew what she was doing when she came up with Star Student and Helper Monkey titles.  Those are prized positions to be had and Cameron has been longing for helper monkey all year long.  I'm glad he was chosen before Christmas vacation.


The rest of the week promises to be busy:
- school Christmas concert
- office party
- aunt's appetizer/dessert party
- a few Christmas errands
- START WRAPPING!!!  (Cam wants to help me with this task, it should be interesting to say the least)

Notice that Christmas cards aren't on my to-do list?  I've decided that cards aren't getting done.  I don't think I'll lose any sleep over that decision. 

Only 7.5 more work days until my vacation...

Weekly Workouts
Friday - Rest (errands and family movie night)
Saturday - 60:00 Pilates (only 2 of us made it to class!)
Sunday - Rest (Cookies!!)
Monday - 30:00 Pilates
Tuesday - 40:00 Bike (interval program 7)

No comments: