Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Rest Day!

I hadn't planned on taking a rest day so soon after my November challenge, but, "the boy" (as we affectionately refer to Cameron) had a difficult night last night and I am rather exhausted.  He was so excited to open the first window of his advent calendar today that he woke up sometime around 4, then again around 5 and by 6am he was utterly in hysterics because he couldn't make himself go back to sleep and he knew we were getting upset with him.  So, I got very little sleep from 4am onwards.  I'm going to bed soon!

I guess it's my fault for buying such fantastic advent calendars.  We get one of the Lego calendars every year.  There is a little Lego toy behind each door.  In the past we've had the Lego City advent calendar, but this year I bought the new Kingdom calendar and Cameron thought that was sooooo cool. 

It does make me fearful of Christmas morning however.  If he was that excited over opening a single door of an advent calendar, what time will he be up on Christmas morning knowing that there are life size presents?!

I attempted another picture of our big Christmas tree tonight.  I think I need more practice.  Why is it so darn hard to get an adequate picture of a lit tree?
Off to bed!

5 comments:

Christine S said...

Wow, I had no idea you could get a Lego advent calendar! What a great idea for kids.

Your Christmas tree looks absolutely gorgeous. I really need to get my garland finished and get my tree up!

Claire said...

Lol hope you can have a sleep in the day.

Nej said...

I think the picture of your tree is great!!!!

Lori said...

you've been busy, busy, busy!!

Everything looks great!! Nice job.

(see?... I ignored your blue sofa as requested) ;o)

There's no more snow here. :o( I like it this time of year.

Shannon said...

Wow, stunning. It looks like you have a million lights on the tree, all tucked nicely inside. That's impressive !