Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Only 4 days?

Our weekend was a little on the hectic side.  I don't particularly enjoy weekends that are psychotically busy, but sometimes that's just how it goes.  It seemed we were rushing from one activity to the next (and we were still late for both parties):
  • Friday
    • picture with Santa
    • shopping for school cookie decorating supplies
    • take-out for supper, consumed while watching Charlie Brown's Christmas (sighhhh, love this show)
  • Saturday
    • baked bread and made rice krispie treats for our friends before Pilates at 10:00
    • Picked up the rest of the cookie decorating items
    • home to make lunch, then off for a few more errands (fortunately at stores that were not overly busy)
    • back home to get ready for my office party
    • office party
  • Sunday
    • baked more bread for home and mixed up the gingerbread cookie dough
    • nap (exhausted and grumpy!)
    • baked the cookies (got exactly the number I needed from one batch of dough)
    • got ready for my aunt's appetizer/dessert party in the afternoon (love this party every year, it doesn't hurt that she sends us away with leftovers!)
    • played Cameron's new board game
    • sorted the presents and got started on my wrapping
By yesterday, I was ready to go back to work so I could sit down!  I returned to my wrapping duties after Cam went to bed last night.  I think all of his gifts are now wrapped.  That means the majority of my wrapping is done!  I'm also pretty sure that I have enough gifts leftover for his birthday.

I'm hoping to get everything else done by the end of the day tomorrow so that when Cameron and I go home on Thursday at noon, we will not have to leave our house again until after Christmas.  I think my remaining To Do list is very short:
  • pick up some fresh bagels
  • one last grocery trip (very small list)
  • decorate gingerbread houses with Cam (morning of the 24th?)
  • finish wrapping the few remaining gifts (another activity for the 24th?)
Workouts
The exercise routine has definitely taken a hit over the last few days.  I'd prefer to spend my time right now getting things done and getting some sleep!!  I hope to hop on the bike or treadmill this evening for a little while.  We have the Resolution Run 5k coming up on Jan 1st.  I don't plan on pushing myself very hard for this 5k since I hate running outside on ice.  Although, with the weather we've been having lately, there might not be any ice/snow to speak of!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow you have got so much done!