Saturday, December 04, 2010

Only Three Weeks?!

Does anyone else feel like Christmas is sneaking up on them this year?  It's THREE weeks from today!!  I have a lot of wrapping to do and haven't started the cards (the one Christmas chore that I *detest*).  I think everything else is under control though.

Farm Boxes
We received our second box of winter vegetables and fruits yesterday!  We've tried the apple cider and I've made a batch of kale chips.  I think I know how I'll use everything except the rutabaga and the squash.  Apparently this little squash is similar to a sweet potato in taste.

I'm sure everyone takes pics of food on their treadmills, right?



Party Time
We've had a busy weekend so far.  We attended our first Christmas party of the season tonight.  It was my office children's party.  Cameron enjoyed the bowling and lazer tag, but the highlight was obviously the visit from Santa during the pizza party.

Someone walked behind me and hit my arm right when I snapped the picture, so it's blurry, but you get the idea, Santa = happy child:

I've spent most of the day, aside from my break for Pilates class, getting ready for our cookie  exchange and potluck tomorrow.  It took forever to bake and fill my coconut-raspberry cream sandwich cookies.  For the potluck, I'm making a layered taco bake and a chicken tikka masala.  My primary goal tomorrow?  Keep the house clean until everyone gets here!!  (A major chore with a certain young gentleman who resides here.)

We moved the chairs from the family room and set up a temporary dining room.  I took the picture this evening with the lights off, so it's rather dark, but I think the former "blue" tree looks nice in the background.  The Christmas tree centrepieces are party favours that I'm sending home with each of the families attending:

 
Christmas Movies
We have a family movie night once a week.  It's basically the same format every week.  Put on comfy jammies, make popcorn and snuggle on the sofa to watch a movie together.  It's always on Friday or Saturday night, whichever works.  So far this year, we've snuck in some extra movie nights already.  Cameron takes after his momma and is a huge Christmas movie fan.  Tonight's movie was Elf; I think it gets funnier every time I see it.  This is our list so far (and it's only Dec 4th!):
  • Grinch (Jim Carey version)
  • Phineas & Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas
  • Christmas Carol
  • Elf
  • Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
  • Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
Weekly Workouts
Wed - Rest
Thurs - Pilates 30:00
Fri - Circuit - 45:00
   Bike 10:00
   Treadmill 30:00
   Bike 5:00
Sat - Pilates 60:00

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love the idea of a movie night. And I'm with you on the Christmas movies. There aren't many I don't love. Must confess, I haven't seen Elf yet though. I'll put it on my list for this year !

Your table looks fabulous, and the centerpieces are great. I bet everyone had a great time :)