Thursday, December 09, 2010

"C" is for Cookie

It's almost time for another weekend!  Not too soon, in my opinion. I'm even getting anxious to cook again after having an entire week of potluck leftovers.  They were delicious and certainly simplified my evenings but I'm ready for something new.

Can you guess what I plan to do this weekend?

This evening, I mixed up the dough for gingerbread cookies and brown sugar cutouts.  I baked the brown sugar cookies tonight and I'll bake the gingerbread cookies tomorrow so they'll be ready to decorate this weekend.  Cameron loves decorating cookies.  He gets his own little pile and they remain his after they're decorated (they're a bit heavy on the icing, candies and finger-lickin').



I'm just waiting for the last cooling rack of cookies to cool so I can bag them, toss them in the freezer and go to bed!


 Phoenix
We leave for Phoenix in 5 weeks!  Other than the race expo and Trevor's marathon, we have absolutely nothing planned.  Trevor will probably take in a hockey game with a friend (but with the 4-hour time difference that's too much for Cameron and I to manage on the day we arrive).

What is there to do in Phoenix?  Given our limited time and the fact that we've already been to the Grand Canyon and Sedona, we will not be driving far from Phoenix.  We need something to do!!  We've googled and there's a children's museum and a zoo, although Cameron is not really a big fan of zoos.  I think I will need to do some research over Christmas vacation.

Weekly Workouts
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Bike 40:00
Wednesday - Treadmill 40:00
Thursday - Pilates 30:00

3 comments:

Christine S said...

Mmmm, cookies! Feel free to send some my way! :-D

Claire said...

The cookies look good.

Lori said...

A trip! That's great, is Cameron looking forward to it?
I'm sure you will find something to do. Maybe the hotel will have some suggestions.