Sunday, December 05, 2010

So quiet

I love sitting by the tree with only the tree lights on.  It's so relaxing and peaceful.

Especially after a crazy day like today!  I was up at around 7am to start cooking and continue getting the house ready for my family potluck and cookie exchange.  I wasn't thinking and didn't take a single picture!  Everything was wonderful though, my fridge is stuffed full of leftovers.  I certainly won't need to cook this week.

By late afternoon, the party was over and I was ready for a nap!  After I woke up, I decided that I hadn't tackled enough domestic projects this weekend and I roped my mother into helping me with a small make-over in Cameron's bedroom.  This past week, he decided he was too old for the babyish Pooh/Tigger wallpaper border in his playroom and the truck border in his bedroom.  So he removed it all himself!  (I wasn't too upset about this, it meant I didn't have to do it lol.  However, I might have preferred that he not do it the week before we have a house full of guests for dinner!) 

On Friday night, I picked up a few things for his room.  This evening while he played in the bathtub, Mom and I got to work (fortunately, it was one of his marathon bath sessions where he stayed until he had prune fingers).  We put up chocolate brown border in both rooms.  The walls had two paint colours, so a border was needed to separate the bottom half of the room from the top.  We also added a white board, a bulletin board, some bamboo wall art and some lime green circle wall clings that act as a "white" board. 

I wish I'd had my camera when he saw his room for the first time.  I think"shock" would be an appropriate description of his reaction.  He loved it.  It was a relatively simple/inexpensive project that made a big impact in his room.  I think it took us about 90 minutes to complete and I'm quite happy with the result.

Looking forward to a busy week at work, so that should make next weekend arrive faster!!

Weekly Workouts 
Sunday - Rest (if you count hosting a Christmas party and redoing a child's bedroom as a "rest" day)

2 comments:

Nej said...

Wow! Not only did he not like it, but he took it down himself. That's pretty cool. But yes I agree, the timing could have been better! :-) :-)

Shannon said...

What a mother lol :)