First day of my training plan and I'm on track so far! Today is a rest day, so that's pretty easy.
Each week my plan resembles the following and I move days around depending on my schedule:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - interval run with speed work
Wednesday - easy cross-training session
Thursday - interval run with speed work
Friday - rest
Saturday - long run
Sunday - run without walk breaks
I've been following this schedule for the last 6 weeks and it has worked really well. I haven't missed a single workout in that time. Now that I'm moving into my official training plan, I'll just be increasing the distance and duration of some workouts.
In the past, even when training for my marathon, I stuck with 3 days of running and 2 days of cross-training. So far, I'm enjoying the four days of running, but with low mileage of primarily 3-4 mile runs, it hasn't been difficult or time consuming.
Recipe
I finally tried a no-knead bread recipe that was popular on many food blogs a few years ago. I have been making it several times a week ever since trying it. It is so easy! It takes five minutes to toss the ingredients in a mixing bowl the night before then I bake it the next evening. I had no idea that having fresh, homemade bread all the time would require such little effort.
Here is the link for the no knead bread recipe
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment