Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lunch time run!

This morning I threw everything I needed into my workout bag with the intention of running on my lunch hour.  We have a lot of last minute company prep to do this evening, so I didn't want to waste time with a workout.

I forgot my Garmin.  I had duplicates of almost everything else that I needed... but no Garmin.   I couldn't say the last time I ran outside without it!!

Fortunately, I have a 5k route near my office that I've done many times in the past, so it wasn't a big deal to know the exact distance.  I just don't have accurate stats for my run.  I tried using the pedometer on my iPod Nano and that worked okay, but I couldn't see the display in the sunlight, so I wasn't able to use it to time walk breaks.  So, I skipped walk breaks today and just took a couple of strategic breaks that were less than a minute each at various points of the run (i.e. the uphill slope of the overpass, each time I hit it).

It was nice to run such a flat route for a change!  Very nice to have my workout done for the day.

No comments: