I cannot believe that the first two "official" weeks of training for my 15k are over! (There were several weeks of base-building leading up to my training plan since I was essentially starting from scratch again.)
I'd have to say that this was a good week for my training, even with the crazy warm temperatures. There's a reason I do not plan to train for anything during the heat of the summer. I like running in cool weather! This summer I plan to run 3-4 miles on each weekday run and 4-6 miles during weekend runs to maintain my base for fall training.
Back to this week, I completed 4 runs and one cross training session. Yesterday I ran 10k and this morning I ran forty minutes without walk breaks. It felt so good, I know I could have run much longer. I love ending a run like that!
The stats for week two of training:
Total weekly mileage: 16.15 (excludes cross-training)
Four outdoor runs
One hill walking cross-training session on the treadmill
Total training time for 5 workouts: 207 minutes
I've been trying to do lots of stretching daily and I think that is helping prevent little aches and pains so far.
Must run off now to buy some cream to make some cherry ice cream! We've had company for the last few days during the CIS hockey nationals and brownies with homemade ice cream sound like a good company dessert to me!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment