Salsa Pot Roast
2 cups beef broth
chopped onion
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 tsp herb & garlic seasoning (similar to Mrs Dash, although I use the Epicure version)
jar of salsa
small beef roast
Combine all ingredients, add to slow cooker with pot roast. Cook on low, all day (for me, that is 7am to 5pm).
My roast was actually an oven roast and only about 2 inches thick so the liquid covered the roast nicely.
Beef Enchiladas
Take beef from slow cooker, shred, add a jar of green chilies and half a can of enchilada sauce. Combine.
Fill soft tortillas with the beef mixture. Place in 9x13 pan, cover with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted.
We enjoyed them with roasted squash and a spinach salad on the side. An easy supper with lots of leftovers!
I started my holiday baking!!
Oatmeal-Cinnamon Chip Bars (recipe on the bag of cinnamon chips):
We sampled them. They passed. I planned on baking a second kind of bar until I realized I'm out of coconut. It's probably for the best because lack of supplies forced me to go downstairs and hop on the treadmill sooner lol.
Weekly Workouts
Wednesday - Treadmill 40:00 (5:00 warm-up, 30:00 run, 5:00 cool-down)
2 comments:
Those enchiladas look marvelous!!!
Note to self: don't read Faith Ann's blog on an empty stomach.
Post a Comment