Friday night, Cameron and I worked on decorating the Christmas tree in the family room. Traditionally, this has been our "blue" tree. However, I changed the furniture in that room and so we decided to add some more colour to this tree. Perhaps sometime this week, I'll learn how to take a proper picture of Christmas trees. They're so pretty all lit up and the pictures just look so blah.
Family Room:
All of the doorways in the main level of our house have swags like this:
I had to have a pic with the tower of teddies again... love them!
I also love this little guy... we've put this on Cameron's door since he was very little:
On Saturday morning, I did a little baking before and after Pilates:
- pan of 7-layer magic bars
- pan of cherry magic bars
- some rice krispie treats in the shape of Christmas trees and candy canes
- pumpkin-date bread (used the Betty Crocker zucchini bread recipe and subbed pumpkin for the zucchini, subbed some whole wheat flour and added chopped dates and pecans)
Saturday evening, we met friends and took the kids to see this guy:
The lovely thing about small-town parades is that they are short. It was a beautiful night for the parade, snow was falling and it wasn't bitterly cold. Although my toes convinced me that I need to buy new winter boots. After the parade we enjoyed a lovely supper with our friends (slow cookers are awesome!) and called it a night.
Today was our big day. Cameron and I went outside almost as soon as we got up this morning and I finished putting up the outdoor Christmas lights while he played (click on the pics to view larger images):
After warming up with some hot chocolate, we spent the rest of the morning (and afternoon) working on the big tree in the living room:
Pretend the blue sofa does not exist in the next photo. It was replaced with new furniture but we haven't made the effort to get rid of it yet. It drives me crazy on a daily basis but apparently not enough to do anything about it:
That's probably MORE than enough pictures for one day! Essentially, the rest of the house is filled with a LOT more of the same.
Weekly Workouts
Only TWO more workouts in November!!!Friday - Bike P7 40:00
Saturday - Pilates 60:00
Sunday - Circuit 45:00
- bike 10:00
- elliptical 10:00
- treadmill 20:00
- bike 5:00













3 comments:
Great photo's.I will be putting my tree up on Wednesday.
Looks GREAT! The outdoor pics came out really well too! You have made me want to decorate my house now too!!!
Gorgeous and festive ! Your hard work was definitely worth it - inside and out. And the pics of Cameron in the snow are adorable.
If you figure out how to take pics of indoor trees, let me know. I'm at a loss every year.
Post a Comment