Thursday, November 04, 2010

November 4

Project Fitness
I didn't run last night.

{Imagine a huge frowny face here.}

I planned on it, I dressed for it, it didn't work out.  Trevor was at poker and it took Cameron a long time to settle down last night, so I didn't get a chance to exercise until around 9:30.  I cannot motivate myself to run on the treadmill at 9:30.  I just cannot do it.  So, I hopped on the exercise bike and did an interval program for 35 minutes.  Better than nothing, but not what I wanted. 

Cooking
I may not have been pleased with last night's workout, but I was pleased with last night's supper.  I love chili and cheese on top of baked potatoes!  It was such an easy supper since I made the chili on Sunday.  I also cooked extra baked potatoes so that I'd have leftovers.  I love using leftover baked potatoes for potato skins, baked potato soup or hash browns.

I've discovered the secret to making perfect baked potatoes.  I probably shared this in an old blog post, but since I'm starting from scratch, I'll include it again.

Ingredients
Baking Potatoes
Melted Margarine or Butter
Sea Salt or other coarse salt

Scrub, dry and pierce potatoes all over.  Toss in the microwave to begin cooking (depending on the number of potatoes, I precook for 10-15 minutes).  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line baking dish with tinfoil.  Melt margarine or butter.  Remove potatoes from microwave and coat with butter, sprinkle with salt and then bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes (or until done).  The outside will be nice and crispy and the inside will be light and fluffy.  Perfect.

I have these little feet to put on the bottom of my baked potatoes when cooking in the microwave.  I bought them through my son's school last year and I find they work really well.

Project Clear the Clutter
As for clutter clearing, I made no progress last night and I'm starting to worry that I may need to redo my schedule.  As long as the main floor of my house is complete by November 25, I'll be in good shape.  The granny suite and basement can be done in January.  Perhaps it's better for me to take more time on each area and do a more thorough job, rather than rush through to meet an arbitrary deadline?

We'll see how the weekend goes, but I'm realizing that I cannot get much "extra" accomplished in my evenings through the week.  There are too many other things that need to be done nightly.  I already don't watch TV so there's not much else I can give up!

Weekly Workouts
Wednesday - Bike Program 7, 35:00

1 comment:

Lori said...

oooo... a new look to your blog! I like, I like :o)

I laughed when I realized you are preparing for the Christmas decorations, because I remember you have many trees and decorations. Can't wait for the pics.

I'm still running and/or walking. But I couldn't physically keep up with the club (which ends in a couple weeks anyway) My recuperation time and arthritic knees didn't match up to the rest in the group, LOL

Looking forward to more reports!