Monday, November 01, 2010

November 1

I don't think people will ever stop by for my witty blog titles, so I might as well go with the obvious :)

Since I don't have any pictures of turning the master bedroom into a complete disaster zone, I'll share a pic of our trick-or-treater last night:



Project Clear the Clutter
I began my November Challenge over the weekend!  I needed to get started on my decluttering project in order to meet my deadline of having everything done by Nov 25.  So, I started on the master bedroom.  In order to go through everything, I find it necessary to take every item out of the closet and dressers and then consciously put back things that I want to keep.  I also brought up some clothes that were stored downstairs and went through them at the same time.  I got rid of 5 garbage bags of "stuff".  A good start, but not enough.

I still need to do a lot more this week before claiming that the bedroom is done.  Primarily I need to find something to do with my cooking magazines.  I'm not ready to toss them and I don't have time to sort through and rip out the recipes that I want to keep.  So, I think I need an interim storage solution.  More tote boxes?  I have a day to consider how I want to tackle the magazine issue because tonight I need to take down the Halloween decorations and put them away.

Project Fitness
November 1st is the day my workout challenge begins!  A workout EVERY day in November!!!

Yesterday, I planned on doing a treadmill run while Trevor was out for his run.  My run got interrupted after 2 minutes, so I had to delay until after we got home from trick-or-treating last night.  I didn't want to end October without doing something, and I didn't feel like running on the treadmill at 9:15 last night, so I hopped on the bike.  I haven't used the bike for several weeks, so it was a nice change.  I did 35 minutes of program 7 (an interval program that cycles through easy, medium and hard effort).

As for other goals this week?  I think I might have to improvise my "vegetarian day" and be happy with two vegetarian meals split over different days.  When I did my meal plan for the week, I planned on leftover chili for most lunches this week and that doesn't really help me have a vegetarian day.  Oops!  I'm not sure this is a huge goal for me anyway, I find that vegetarian days automatically work their way into our schedule without intentionally thinking about it.

Weekly workouts
Friday - 45:00 Run (treadmill)
Saturday - 60:00 Pilates
Sunday - 35:00 exercise bike, Program 7

I'm looking forward to tonight's workout already!  Monday is yoga night.  Tonight is the first Monday that I won't be attending an actual yoga class and will be doing yoga at home instead.  I have a number of yoga DVDs to choose from, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: