Saturday, November 13, 2010

Star Student!

Yesterday, when I picked up Cameron from school, I don't think his feet touched the ground.  He was on cloud nine because he had just been named "Star Student" for the week.  The teacher picks a child each week and lists a few reasons why they were chosen (trying their best, learning something new, being helpful, etc).  It is a BIG deal in the world of grade two.  I was so happy that I was on vacation and got to do pick-up from school yesterday!


My vacation day went by so quickly!!  After Trevor and Cameron left for work/school, I decided to go back to bed and finish the last few chapters of my book.  Then, my bed was so cozy and comfy, that I decided to have a little nap.  When I got up, I felt guilty for wasting my morning and immediately got ready for a little speedwork (and I use that term loosely) session on the treadmill.  I attempted to redeem my wasted morning by making supper ahead of time, mailing some packages and picking up a few groceries.  Then my "me" time was done!

Cameron and I used the recipe on the side of the brownie box to make some "brownie cookies" yesterday afternoon:


Note to self: I need to "record" a couple of recipes soon.  I made a vegetarian lasagna that I thought was quite tasty for dinner last night.  I don't want to forget what I did!  I also modified a scone recipe this morning that I want to duplicate in the future.  Since I have to get ready to head out for Pilates class, that will have to wait!

I did get a little cleaning/decluttering done yesterday but it is progressing much slower now.  Apparently the easy stuff is done!

Vision
I never know where to respond to questions in comments so that the commenter will see the response.  In the comment section? on the other person's blog? in the next blog post?  I'll do it here this time! 

During my last appointment, it was discovered that my left eye has a layer of fluid (kind of like a flat sac of water) covering it.  It makes everything that I see very, very hazy.  It's almost like looking through a layer of thick fog all the time.  It's not really blurry (not like the blurriness that you get when you need a prescription change), it's just very, very cloudy.  It's very hard to explain.  In addition to having this layer of extra fluid covering my eye, I also have extra dryness in that eye which adds to the difficulty in seeing (how ironic is that?).  The solution is a form of laser surgery to break up the sac of water.  However, as a relatively new procedure it's not guaranteed that this would help; it might just break  the big sac into multiple sacs of water. 

2011 Running/Fitness Goals
Next post, I hope to share a little bit of the training plans I've created for myself.  I've decided on next year's "goal" races.  A spring half marathon, a fall half marathon and a few shorter distance races in between.  I think my problem in the past has been over-scheduling and getting sick of training and trying to fit everything in.  So, I don't want to fall in that trap again.  I think next year's goals look reasonable.  For now, I'm following a little pre-plan-plan that I created to work with my November 30-day challenge.

Giveaway!!
Finally, if you're a runner and would be interested in winning a spi-belt, go check out Joggin' Momma's giveaway on her blog.  You should check out her blog anyway.  I'm always super impressed by anyone who can get themselves out the door when they have a new baby at home... I waited until Cameron was three lol.


Weekly Workouts
Friday - 40:00 Treadmill Run - speedwork (5:00 warmup, 30:00 run, 5:00 cooldown)
Saturday - 60:00 Pilates

1 comment:

Lori said...

mmmm... brownie cookies!! I gained just looking at them.

Congrats to Cameron!! You're right, it does mean a lot to them at that age to be recognized for possitive achievements. WTG.

Does the cloudy eye drive you nuts? I have a tiny small black dot in my right eye and when I look at white, it is annoying. Kinda got used to it now. I think it has something to do with some bacon grease that got me one time. It wasn't there when I got my glasses in February. It doesn't get bigger, so I'm not too concerned at this time.