More Veggie "Tales"
I added lots of last-minute items from our farm boxes to last night's dinner. Fun times! I made the chicken-etti casserole earlier in the day based on Katie's recommendation and it was a dish that screamed for veggie sides. From our farm box, we tried the multi-grain bread (amazing), some of the spring mix, a carrot, one of the apples, and I roasted some brussel sprouts and kale in the oven:
The major meal-planning will begin this weekend! I think I'll make a leek and potato soup on Sunday. I'm not sure what else though. I'm craving the squash but I think I should save that for later since it will probably last longer than some of the other veggies. I should probably use the beets and greens soon. The kale takes up so much room in the fridge that I want to use that soon too. Hmmm, perhaps a nice big potato scallop?
Cars Again?
Cameron is going through another Lightning McQueen phase. He has not shown any interest in Cars for years, however the recent release of the "Cars Toons" DVD has revived his interest. Over the last week he has dug through every nook and cranny in his room looking for all of his Cars toys and has been playing with them again. I must say, it's a nice break from Star Wars and Lego!
Time to get FESTIVE!!
In addition to meal-planning this weekend, we will begin putting out some Christmas decorations!!! We need to start getting ready for the Christmas potluck and cookie exchange that we host each year. It's the first weekend of December, so a LOT of work to do over the next two weekends. We'll put up the trees next weekend.
Weekly Workouts
I hope to do a slow treadmill run after work today. We'll see how it goes. Due to the cough (and sickness in general), I haven't attempted running since last Sunday. The bike didn't aggravate my cough yesterday and it might have to suffice today as well, although I'm craving a good run right now.
3 comments:
Mmm...that looks delicious. The boys can never see that picture or they'll think I'm skimping when I serve it ;)
yum, yum!
Isn't it funny how kids go through phases? Very cute picture.
Maybe a small run will stretch the lungs and help? Just a thought. Hope you beat the bug soon.
What a great selection of fruits and veggies - it looks delicious!
Post a Comment