Tuesday, November 02, 2010

November 2

Catching my theme for blog titles this month?  Cool, huh?  Okay, maybe not.

Project Fitness
Since my yoga class is now over, last night I did a 50 minute yoga DVD at home.  It made me think that my yoga instructor was a bit on the kind side because this DVD was tough!!  I have been doing another yoga DVD that is closer to what my class was like, but since that DVD is only 30 minutes, I decided to give this one a try.  I did each of the five 10-minute segments.  Number five was my favourite (yoga for flexibility and relaxation), not surprisingly.

I will probably do my tough DVD again next Monday for "yoga night" because it did feel like a good workout.  I'll admit to doing a few modifications though.  I was too chicken to roll back onto the floor from chair pose and then roll on your back and somehow roll back up into standing in chair pose without using your hands.  It just doesn't seem possible!  Another difference between this DVD and the yoga class I've been taking for the last 4 months was the pace.  The DVD required getting into each pose quite quickly and most poses were not held very long.  

Project Clear the Clutter
I picked up a couple of chocolate brown, soft-covered, open-top boxes yesterday at lunchtime.  So after supper, homework, taking down Halloween decorations, Cameron's bedtime routine and yoga, I opened them up!  I think they'll work as an interim solution for magazines.  They look nice on the side of my nightstand and hold my cooking and running magazines quite nicely.  At some point (probably in January), I do need to start going through ALL magazines and tossing some.  We toss most of our running magazines within a reasonable time but I definitely have too many cooking and stitching magazines. 

Weekly Workouts
Monday - Yoga DVD 50:00

1 comment:

Angela said...

So good to read your updates again! I've been in a decluttering mood lately, too. Good luck with your plan!