Ingredients
9 No bake lasagna noodles
2 cups cottage cheese
1 egg white
tsp Roasted Red Pepper spice blend (basil would also work)
Parmesan/Romano grated cheese blend
- fresh baby spinach
- mushrooms, sliced
- green pepper, diced
Cheddar/Mozzarella shredded cheese mix (about 2 cups)
large jar of spaghetti sauce1 cup of alfredo sauce
Directions
1. Mix together: egg white, cottage cheese, 1/3 cup Parm/Romano cheese, spices
Layers:
2. thin layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom of dish (I used a smaller 8 x 11 lasagna pan, rather than my normal 9x13 pan)
3. 3 lasagna noodles
4. 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture
5. spinach leaves
6. 1/2 of remaining spaghetti sauce
7. shredded cheese (go light on the cheese in each layer, or it will be too rich)
8. 3 lasagna noodles
9. remaining cottage cheese mixture
10. layer of green pepper and mushrooms
11. shredded cheese
12. final layer of spaghetti sauce
13. 3 lasagna noodles
14. layer of alfredo sauce
15. sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top and follow with Parm/Romano cheese
16. Cover with tinfoil, bake at 400 for about 40 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for about 10 more minutes
I used my favourite pizza crust recipe (it's the one that comes on the bottle of pizza yeast) and made a batch of garlic cheese fingers to go with the lasagna. I think the secret to good garlic fingers is in the cheese. I use pizza mozzarella cheese that I grate myself and it is so much better than the bags of shredded cheese (which I use for plenty of other recipes, just not for my pizza or garlic fingers). I also love the Epicure Herb and Garlic spices for the perfect flavour:
Christmas!!
It's just around the corner! Well, there are a few weeks, but it really is coming soon. Not soon enough. Cameron has changed his letter to Santa about 5 million times this year. If Christmas doesn't get here soon, I will have the entire boys' section of Toys R Us in my basement. In years past, I could be pretty safe in shopping for toys throughout the summer and early fall. This year? Every week he talks about what he might put on his letter and it's different every time!! He only wants to put two items on his list to show Santa that he is not greedy so he is being very particular about what those two items are. Christmas!!
Weekly Workouts
Monday - Pilates DVD 27:00(still sick, need to keep workouts easy/short for the next few days)

2 comments:
Oh Yum! Lucy
mmm... that looks so good!
LOL... hope Cameron settles on a list soon! Poor Mom.
Post a Comment