Sunday, November 21, 2010

List

  • House filled with lights, shiny objects and seasonal knick-knacks... check
  • First two Christmas movies of the season viewed... check
  • Child beside himself with excitement... check
  • Totes of tree decorations sitting in corners waiting for trees to adorn... check
  • Ingredients sitting in the cupboards for Christmas baking... check
There is so much to do over the next couple of weeks, but it is so worth it.  I love getting everything done and then just sitting back and enjoying December.  By the end of next weekend, the following will be complete:
  • trees up and decorated (two large trees upstairs, two small trees downstairs)
  • 2 kinds of cookie exchange cookies baked and frozen
  • ingredients purchased for: 2 potluck dishes, a couple of appetizer/sides
  • beverages, napkins, place settings for potluck decided on
  • gifts wrapped for potluck attendees
  • Christmas parade
  • hockey game
  • parent teacher interviews
  • plus the every-day stuff like pesky homework, cooking meals, making lunches, workouts and sleep!
In addition to the decorating marathon this weekend, I also spent some time trying to nail down my final Christmas cookie exchange cookie.  I have selected one "winner" but I can't decide on the second flavour.  Hopefully inspiration will hit soon, if not I'll just close my eyes and pick a page from one of my cookie cookbooks.


Weekly Workouts
Sunday - 60:00 circuit of:
   10:00 Elliptical
   10:00 Treadmill
   10:00 Bike P7
   10:00 Treadmill
   10:00 Bike P7
   10:00 Elliptical

4 comments:

Christine S said...

Faith Ann, you are an inspiration! Will you post a couple of photos after your decorating is finished?

This is the first year I plan to really do some decorating and have acquired a few new decorations. I think this week/weekend will be the time to get them up!

Jill i nCA said...

Hi, Faith Ann; it's great to see you blogging again! I think you are an inspiration too, just like Christine said. I'm toying with the idea of attempting running in 2011...lots of baby weight from #2. I love that you're doing the farm veggie/fruit boxes; that's something I'd really like to do at some point as well.

Anyway, seeing how you have everything "together" with fitness and home-cooked meals...while working full-time and as a mom...well, it gives me hope that it's not an impossible goal. I plan to keep a frequent eye on your blog in 2011, especially when I need some motivation!!

Faith Ann said...

Awww, thanks for your comments gals! Believe me, I may get my workouts in and a few meals cooked, but there are lots of things that get missed! I have piles of laundry and lots of cleaning that needs to be done and I'm not sure when I'll be fitting that in. As long as our trees are up, I'm happy :)

Running is a great calorie-burner, Jill. I hope you enjoy it!

Lori said...

I'm pooped just reading that list! LOL... but December is a lot of fun, especially when All is prepared.